Some investors prefer to avoid making investment in or loaning money to companies engaged in various businesses or dealing with some customers.
Some people have articulated the following restrictions:
- Companies who deal in tobacco products or produce cigarettes.
- Companies who produce alcoholic products.
- Companies involved in medical research that involves fetal tissue.
- Companies who produce entertainment for adult markets.
- Companies who do research utilizing animals.
- Companies who produce firearms or weapon systems.
- Companies who produce products in or sell to countries such as:
Cuba, South Africa, Vietnam, Burma or Other.