American Business Merit Badge
Do the following:
- Visit a bank or credit union. Talk with one of the officers or staff. Chart the organization of the financial institution. Show its relationship with other banks, business and industry.
- Explain how changes in interest rates, taxes, and government spending affect the flow of money into or out of business and industry.
- Explain how a proprietorship or partnership gets its capital. Discuss and explain four ways a corporation gets its capital.
- Explain the place of profit in business.
- Name five kinds of insurance useful to business. Describe their purposes.