In March of 2013 is was decidedly unhealthy; decidedly because I made a decision everyday to continue making unhealthy choices.
I was consuming a handful of medications twice a day and administering insulin by injection four times a day.
My stamina was decreasing every year, month and day. I was chronically unhealthy; I was obese.
- I made a decision, not to go on a diet, but to take personal responsibility for my condition and make permanent changes in how I lived my life.
- I weighed in at 262 pounds on March 11, 2013.
- I weighed in at 198 pounds on August 1, 2013.
- That is a loss of 64 pounds in 143 days, 20.4 weeks.
- I averaged .44 pounds per day or more than 3 pounds a week.
- I reduced my Body Mass Index from 38 to 28
- And I eliminated the insulin injections and almost all of the daily medications.
How I accomplished this is actually quite simple: I ate a Medifast Portion Controlled Replacement Meal (PCMR) five times a day, 2-3 hours apart, and one Lean & Green Meal for lunch or dinner. Eating every 2-3 hours allows your body to avoid spiking of blood sugars and low production of insulin.
The combination of 5 Medifast Portion Controlled Replacement Meal and one Lean & Green Meal per day is approximately 1,000 to 1,200 calories per day with 100% of the minerals, vitamins and nutrients needed to maintain normal metabolism.